Art Studio in Paris and the French Riviera
Paris and Riviera, France
- Dates – TBD
- Max Enrollment – 24
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – Yes
- Academic Area – Art Studio
In this program, we will explore Paris and the French countryside by drawing and painting on-site, in museums, and from live models. We begin the program in a beautiful château situated on a sandy beach overlooking the Mediterranean—a landscape that inspired the Impressionists. There will be field trips to Le Cannet, Nice, and Vence—focusing on the works of Matisse, Bonnard, and Picasso. We then move to Paris where we will have access to its rich store of painting, sculpture, and architecture, visiting museums such as the Louvre, Centre Pompidou, Musée Picasso, and Musée d’Orsay; drawing from works in the museums will be combined with work in the studio and around the city. Students will work on paper with drawing materials and acrylic paints.
- Live in a beautiful, restored château and villa on the French Riviera, with rooms overlooking the Mediterranean.
- Live and study in central Paris.
- Study art in world-renowned museums in Paris—Louvre, Musee d’Orsay, etc.
- Work from live models and in museums and studios.
What Students Are Saying
- "Seeing classical and famous art in person helped me get inspired for my own practice."
- "I learned a lot on color matching and how to be more accurate in drawing/painting."
- "[The instructor’s] energy just flows through everyone and makes everyone excited about art. I could not imagine this program being taught by anyone else. 10/10 would go abroad again."