Bio Sci 2B in Dublin
Experience Ireland while taking Biological Sciences 2B, “Principles of Ecology and Evolution,” at the modern University College Dublin (UCD). The course will be taught by UCD faculty using state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, with oversight by UC Davis faculty. One of Europe’s top universities, UCD boasts a highly rated School of Biology and Environmental Sciences. The urban campus is located in the pleasant Belfield area, near the historic city center. Dublin is an international cultural and business hub offering easy access to the nearby coast and countryside for which Ireland is famed. The five-week program includes site visits to ecological, cultural, and historical landmarks.
- Explore fundamental concepts in unique ecology and evolution with expert faculty at Ireland’s largest university for UC Davis credit.
- Take BIS2B in a small group setting (maximum 40 students) rather than in the large lecture format at UC Davis.
- Discover Ireland’s ecology, breathtaking scenery, rich traditions, and historical sites.
- Immerse yourself in the historical, friendly, cosmopolitan capital city of Dublin.
What Students Are Saying
- "UCD’s faculty members were all very professional and well prepared for each lectures. They were very interested in what they taught and that passion showed in their teaching."
- "The field trips helped to immerse us into life in Dublin, and we visited many places that I may not have visited otherwise. It was also a good bonding experience and brought us all closer together as a group."