Bio Sci 2C in Edinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Arrive Date: June 2020 End Date: July 2020
Study biodiversity and the tree of life at the school where Darwin neglected his medical studies to engage in lively discussions about natural history, a turning point in his path towards the science of evolution. This five-week program will be taught by faculty of the University of Edinburgh, one of the highest rated universities in the UK for both teaching and research. The city of Edinburgh is rich in history, and is a center of education, business and the arts—“Edinburgh is what Paris ought to be,” as Robert Louis Stevenson put it. Located on the Firth of Forth, the city is a unique mixture of the urban and the natural. Scotland’s biodiversity includes 90,000 species and a rich variety of habitats, with several protected areas.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 40
Program Coordinator: Ashley Arvanites
Biological Sciences (BIS) 2C. Introduction to Biology: Biodiversity and the Tree of Life (5 units)
Biological Sciences (BIS) 198. Directed Group Study (3 units, Pass/No Pass grading only)
- Take BIS 2C in a small cohort overseas rather than with hundreds of students on campus.
- University of Edinburgh is a top university with a highly rated School of Biological Sciences.
- Edinburgh is the capitol of Scotland and a very lively center of education and the arts.
- The capitol city is rich in history, with “Old Town” and “New Town” constituting a World Heritage Site.
- Scotland is home to an astounding amount of biodiversity, with 90,000 species.
- Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle (Summer Abroad)
- Bio Sci 2B in Dublin (Summer Abroad)
- Statistics for Biological Sciences (Summer Abroad)
- Genetics— The Global Language of Biology (Summer Abroad)
- NPB 110A—Molecules to Individuals (Summer Abroad)
- Other Programs in Biological Sciences
- Other Summer Programs in Europe