Virtual – Design and Fashion (Worldwide)
On this Summer Abroad Program, you can:
- Earn 6 quarter units in 8 weeks.
- Enroll in UC Davis courses to fulfill degree, major, minor, or GE requirements as listed in the General Catalog.
- Earn academic credit while gaining valuable work experience.
Note to Non-UC Davis Students:
- Students from other campuses should consult with their home campus to determine whether courses may be used to fulfill their specific academic requirements.
- Semester students who will apply for Summer Financial Aid can get additional units to meet unit minimums for financial aid eligibility. Please contact Summer Abroad for additional information.
The above course outline and tentative schedule is representative of this program. Virtual Internships will oversee the internships and teach the seminar portion of the program. A term-specific program syllabus is provided to enrolled students. The program syllabus is subject to change at the discretion of the program.
You will enroll in the course set below. Expand the sections to view course descriptions. Auditing is not an option. UC Davis programs are academic programs so participants should expect a substantial amount of course work.
- Education Abroad (EAP) 192. Internship (4 units, Pass/No Pass Grading Only)
- Students will intern approximately 20-30 hours per week at their host company and will be able to apply for transcript notation through the UC Davis Internship and Career Center.
- DES 198. Directed Group Study (2 units, Pass/No Pass Grading Only)
This 2-unit online course is intended as a forum to connect the work students do at their internship to its broader social and cultural context. Through online discussions, students will have a community with whom to share their reflections and observations about their internship placements and to explore the realities and ethics of humanitarian action. Students are often asked to write reflective pieces. Assignments and topics vary by program. May be repeated up to 10 unit(s). GE credit: AH, WE.
No prerequisites are enforced for this program beyond the general eligibility requirements.