For students interested in taking their college experience global, UC Davis Summer Abroad is offering six exciting new programs this summer, with enrollment open until April 5, 2019. These programs are taught onsite by UC Davis faculty or in partnership with local faculty:
- “Sex and Space: Gender in Architecture”— study iconic structures and ground-breaking designs in Paris and beyond;
- “Viking Visions” – explore the tales of Thor, Odin, Freya in evocative settings in Iceland, Germany, and Denmark;
- “Global Fashion in China” – study fashion design and global textile production in the Yangtze Delta area;
- “NPB 100 in Bucharest” – venture away from the crowds to study Neurobiology in intriguing Romania;
- “STA 100 in Cork” – study Statistics for Bio Sci in the student-friendly hub of Cork in southern Ireland;
- “BIS 2B in Dublin” – take a key Bio Sci course in a small-group setting at University College Dublin;
Space is also available in returning programs such as “Exercise and Wellness” in Prague, “Americans in Paris,” and “The Grand Tour,” a once-in-a-lifetime voyage from London to Paris to the Alps to Rome.
Students can choose programs with courses that satisfy requirements for majors or minors, or take a break from their usual studies to explore other interests and passions.
About the Global Learning Hub at UC Davis
Through the Global Learning Hub, each and every UC Davis student can find global learning opportunities available on campus, in the region, and across all seven continents. The hub’s network of local and global academic, experiential, and leadership programs helps develop capacity for undergraduate, graduate, and professional students to engage with global issues and make a difference in the world as the next generation of global problem solvers. Search all global learning opportunities available at UC Davis.
As a part of Global Affairs, the Global Learning Hub aims to inspire global curiosity, understanding, and engagement.