Whether you approach the issue from an academic, professional, or personal perspective, participating in a global learning experience is one of the best decisions you can make during your academic career at UC Davis. The Global Learning Hub is here to help you find the right program or experience, maximize your academic learning, and assist you in articulating your experience after your return to your friends, family and potential employers.
- Scholarships and Funding
- Health and Safety
- Access and Diversity
- Global and International Studies (GIS) Minor
As you begin to research what programs and experiences are available, it is important to first sort out your expectations and answer a few questions for yourself. Take the time to ask yourself why you want to participate in global learning and what you want to get out of the experience. What are the obstacles or challenges that exist for you? Which resources can remove any perceived barriers? And what type of program will help you achieve your goals?
A few of the top reasons students choose global learning:
- Expand your cross-cultural communication and problem-solving skills
- Expand your career opportunities by preparing for an increasingly diverse and international workplace
- Experience the student life and academic energy of another country or culture
- Understand native literatures within their cultural and historical contexts
- Strengthen your second language skills through daily conversation and coursework
- Enhance your critical thinking skills
- Gain confidence in yourself personally and academically
Where can I receive advising?
No matter where you are in the process of studying abroad, stop by the Global Learning Hub to talk with a Peer Advisor (for general questions and/or an overview of your options) or make an appointment with a professional staff advisor (for more in-depth, program-specific questions).
Our office is open M-F, 9am-4pm. Feel free to email, call, or stop by the office to make an appointment with a professional staff advisor.