Health and Safety Resources
The best way to achieve a healthy and safe Global Learning experience is to inform yourself about basic health and safety issues before leaving the U.S., and to make informed and responsible decisions once abroad. Recommendations for travel health and safety may change frequently. It is the student's responsibility to be aware of health and safety information regarding the locations to which they plan to travel.
- Carefully read all pre-departure materials;
- Register your travel with the U.S. Department of State;
- Review State Department health and safety information for your specific country;
- Become familiar with on-site emergency contacts and plans;
- Stay abreast of local developments.
For students, the U.S. Department of State provides comprehensive information on health, safety, preparing for travel, and cultural adjustment on their Students Abroad website. In addition, the Center for Global Education publishes an online Study Abroad Safety Handbook that provides resources and preparation tips for students.