Summer Abroad Enrollment
To be eligible to participate in a Summer Abroad program, you must be a student at a University of California (UC) campus and meet the following requirements from the date of enrollment through the program end date:
- Be 18 years or older;
- Have completed 15 accredited college units;
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or higher; and
- Be in good disciplinary standing with your academic institution.
NOTE: If you have not fulfilled all of the eligibility requirements, please contact us to discuss your eligibility.
Students from the University of California system (includes Berkeley, Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz) are welcome to enroll in a Summer Abroad program. Students enrolled at other non-UC colleges or universities can participate in UC Davis Virtual Summer Internships programs.
How to Enroll
Summer Abroad programs fill on a first-completed, first-reserved basis, so submit your enrollment early to secure your spot in one of our programs.
- Create a UC Davis Study Abroad Account.
- Fill out your profile with your programs of interest.
- Start gathering materials such as your Health Clearance and Passport Copy.
- Start your enrollment; available in early December for Summer Abroad programs.
- Double check that any upload documents are correctly attached and your enrollment is complete.
- Starting on January 11, 2023 at 9 a.m., complete all steps of the Enrollment section, pay your $300 non-refundable deposit, and submit your enrollment. The last day to enroll for open programs is April 14, 2023 at 5 p.m..
- Enrollment Information for Students from Other UC Campuses
- Students from other UC Campuses who meet the eligibility requirements are welcome to enroll in Summer Abroad programs. These students need to complete a Disciplinary Clearance form as part of the enrollment process. Additional details and instructions can be found within the online enrollment.
You can find more information on enrollment and other important subjects in the Study Abroad Student Guide. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns.