Global Entrepreneurship: Virtual Experiential Learning Program
Start Date: July 11, 2021 End Date: July 24, 2021
During this Virtual Experiential Learning Program on Global Entrepreneurship, you embark on a virtual journey to Germany, Italy, Hong Kong, Singapore, and the U.S. You get to virtually meet managers from well-known global brands, such as Porsche, Boeing, Dolce & Gabbana, and Facebook. In addition, you become short-term entrepreneurs yourselves when working on your own Start-up Challenge Projects and learn about the differences between the American, German, Italian, Hong Kong, and Singaporean start-up ecosystems.
The company and start-up visits are composed of virtual tours of the companies and/or virtual meetings with managers whom you can ask questions. Two experienced program managers and serial entrepreneurs from People & Friends virtually accompany you during the entire program. While they provide guidance and support to you and your team members for your Start-up Challenge Projects and the final pitching competition, five virtual guest speakers are invited to give overviews of each country’s entrepreneurship culture.
- Learn more at the People & Friends Global Entrepreneurship program website
- Program Promo Video and Program Schedule (PDF)
Program Cost and Funding
$850 to be paid directly to People & Friends.
Partial-to-full funding available through UC Davis Global Learning Hub for this program. The funding application asks the following prompt: Please describe how the program you have chosen is related to your academic, personal, and/or professional goals (500 word max). It also asks to indicate Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from FAFSA, if applicable. Please note, you must also register/apply through the program-specific application by application deadline (see: below section).
Registration and Deadline
- Funding Application Deadline: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
- People & Friends registration instructions:
- Visit the program page, select the program dates, and click “register now”
- Click “register” and enter your information with CODE: PAFVIR20
- Check all cultural activities you would like to add to your program and push “next” (included in program cost)
- Complete your information and select “pay by invoice”. Do not enter any payment details until you are ready to confirm your participation.
- Review details, terms and conditions, and click “buy now” to submit your registration
- Program Deadline: May 28, 2021