Engineering and Computer Science
- Dates – June 22–August 21, 2023
- Max Enrollment – 20
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – No
- Career Area – Engineering and Computer Science
Intern in Japan’s vibrant and bustling capital, where traditional blends with ultramodern. As a global leader in technological advancements and the world’s most populous metropolis, Tokyo is an ideal setting to gain international, professional experience. Placements are customized according to students’ experience, career goals, interests and skills and are available in a wide variety of fields including, application development, robotics, VR, website development, AI, game development and more.
Students will intern full-time Monday - Friday and should expect to dedicate another 8 hours per week for the online course facilitated by a UC Davis instructor. Other program components include intensive Japanese language classes, excursions, networking parties and an on-site orientation to help student integrate into the city, their cohort and their internship.
The global pandemic has changed the way some career fields approach daily work. Students may encounter a hybrid workplace where they will adopt schedules similar to their coworkers, such as some days in the office, some days working remotely, and experiences both in person and online.
- Ideal location for a rewarding internship as well as an exciting place to explore.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real world, global contexts.
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.
- Tremendous opportunity to make exciting cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries.