Design and Fashion
Florence and Milan, Italy
- Dates – June 15–August 6, 2022
- Max Enrollment – 20
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – Yes
- Career Area – Design and Fashion
Get your foot in the door in design practice and fashion industry with an internship placement in Milan or Florence, two of Italy's most desirable cities. You will be matched with a placement that complements your academic and professional goals and interests. Opportunities may include, but are not limited to: clothing and accessory design, branding, marketing, and styling for fashion, sales events, and digital media production, and more, with Italian and world labels small and large.
The program overall is eight weeks and begins with an onsite orientation and a two-week “crash course in Italian" prior to starting the 6-week internship. Italian is not required for the internship but the course is a requirement of participation. Also included is a multi-activity career readiness program and strengths coaching.
Apart from work for the internship, you will also engage in an online course facilitated by a UC Davis faculty. The online coursework provides an opportunity for meaningful reflection during the program. You will spend approximately 32-40 hours per week at your internship and another two hours per week for the online course.
- Gain relevant work experience and learn to communicate on an international team.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts.
- Tremendous opportunity to make cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries.
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities in an international workplace.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.
- Design in Britain (Summer Abroad)
- Art, Culture, History in the Eternal City (Summer Abroad)
- Summer Abroad Internships in Business & Communication
- Other Programs in Design
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities