Design and Fashion
- Dates – June 17–August 12, 2023
- Max Enrollment – 20
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – Yes
- Career Area – Design and Fashion
Increase your skills with an internship in the design practice and fashion industry in Milan. You will be matched with a placement that complements your academic and professional goals and interests. Opportunities may include but are not limited to: clothing and accessory design, branding, marketing, and styling for fashion week or special venues, sales events, and digital media production, and more, with Italian and world labels small and large.
The program overall is eight weeks and begins with an onsite orientation and a two-week “crash course" in Italian prior to starting the 6-week internship. Italian is not required for the internship, but the course is a requirement of participation, per Italian law. Also included is a multi-activity career readiness program and strengths coaching.
Apart from work for the internship, you will also engage in an online course facilitated by a UC Davis faculty. The online coursework provides an opportunity for meaningful reflection during the program. You will spend approximately 32-40 hours per week at your internship and another two hours per week for the online course.
- Gain relevant work experience and learn to communicate on an international team.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts.
- Opportunity to make cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries.
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities in an international workplace.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.