Perspectives in Global Management
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Arrive Date: June 20, 2020 End Date: July 17, 2020
Europe, with its cross-border economic dynamics, is an especially good setting for studying global management in action. We will examine how firms develop new ideas and distribute products and services to international markets, and how they respond to changing winds of trade. We will visit ports to see supply chain management in practice, study the International Standards Organization that facilitates cross-border trade, and learn how such trade is financed. Based in historic Edinburgh, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, we will also visit Glasgow and London for additional lessons and perspectives on global management, including a visit to Bloomberg’s world headquarters.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 30
Program Coordinator: Angela McNutt
Agricultural and Resource Economics (ARE) 112. Fundamentals of Organization Management (4 units)
Agricultural and Resource Economics (ARE) 198. Directed Group Study (4 units, Pass/No Pass grading only)
- We cover the principles of planning and decision making; individual behavior, motivation, leadership; groups; conflict and change.
- There is a special emphasis on supply chain management that has global implications for success.
- We will have site visits to see career options such as marketing and logistics.
- We will study the importance of leadership and culture in an organization.
Guest speakers from consulting firms and industry will provide insight to global management.
- Political Science at the London School of Economics (Fall Quarter Abroad)
- Statistics for Business and Economics (Summer Abroad)
- Housing and Urbanism in Barcelona (Summer Abroad)
- Business and Communication Internships in the Czech Republic (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Business and Communication Internships in New Zealand (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Business and Communication Internships in Hong Kong (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Business and Communication Internships in Japan (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Other Programs in Managerial Economics
- Other Summer Programs in Europe