Public Health and Rural/Urban Medicine Internships in India
The Global Health Summer Abroad Internship program provides students interested in health the opportunity to gain first-hand clinical rotation experience while being immersed in a local community.
In India, participants will have a unique opportunity to view India’s healthcare system and learn about its public health challenges through different lenses during the five-week program.
After orientation week, participants will spend two weeks in New Delhi and visit non-governmental organizations that are tackling the most significant public health challenges facing India, including sanitation and hygiene; HIV/AIDS, drug abuse and maternal and child health. Participants will observe and engage in their efforts, while interacting with targeted populations like IDUs, MSM, sex workers, scavengers, and street children.
During the last two weeks of the program, participants will travel to the northern state of Uttarkhand. This part of the program will consist of clinical rotations in both urban and rural locations with special emphasis on understanding the rural and urban divide in a developing country and the needs of rural low-income communities that lack easy access to these.
Program provided by Child Family Health International (CFHI), an NGO recognized by the United Nations.
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities in an international setting.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts.
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.
- Tremendous opportunity to make cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries.
- Latinx Health Internship Program in Oaxaca (Fall Quarter Abroad)
- History of Cancer (Summer Abroad)
- NPB 110A—Molecules to Individuals (Summer Abroad)
- Virtual Summer Internships in Global Health
- Other Global Health Summer Abroad Internships
- Other Programs in Biological Sciences
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities