Program Recommendations for BIS Majors
UC Davis Study Abroad Programs
- Vienna—Crossroads of Central Europe (Summer Abroad)
- Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle (Summer Abroad)
- Life Sciences in Japan (Summer Abroad)
- Italy—Science of the Mind (Summer Abroad)
- Spain—The History of Cancer (Summer Abroad)
- Microbiology Lab in the Kingdom of Smiles (Summer Abroad)
- Organic Chemistry in Nottingham (Summer Abroad)
- In Search of Scotland (Summer Abroad)
- Oxford on Film (Summer Abroad)
- Animal and Vet Science Internships in Australia, Costa Rica, or Thailand (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Global Health Internships in Bolivia, Ghana, Philippines, or South Africa (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Virtual – Social Impact and Public Health (Virtual Summer Internships)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry in Taiwan (Quarter Abroad)
- Search all UC Davis Global Learning opportunities in BIS
UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP)
- University of Queensland
- University of Glasgow
- Tropical Biology and Conservation
- University of Cape Town
- Biological and Life Sciences, Maastricht
- Summer in Cambridge
- Search all UCEAP programs in BIS
- Before going abroad, it is always a good idea to consult with your major advisor about your study abroad plans. For some programs, such as UCEAP, you are required to meet with your major advisor as part of the application process. You may be able to fulfill many major requirements while abroad so it’s recommended, and sometimes mandatory, to create an academic plan with your major advisor while applying for a particular study abroad program.
- While abroad, you may need to remain in contact with your major advisor for academic advising regarding specific courses.
- Be sure to keep all course descriptions and syllabi!
- When you return, see your major advisor as needed.