Microbiology in Europe's Capital—Brussels
- Dates – July 31–August 30, 2024
- Max Enrollment – 30
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – Yes
- Academic Area – Microbiology
This program introduces you not only to microbiology as a discipline, but also to the historic laboratories that led to modern microbiology. MIC 102 is an introductory course covering the biology of bacteria, archaea, lower eukaryota and virus. There will be strong focus on the role of microbes in human disease—and our response to them—and on the role of microbes in biotechnology, agriculture and their environmental impacts. You will visit the BioPark in Charleroi and take a day trip to Bruges and Ghent. The program is set in Brussels, a city full of Art Deco taverns, towering Gothic cathedrals, and quaint guild houses.
- Gain a strong foundation in Microbiology while visiting historic labs in Europe.
- Take this popular course in a smaller, cohort setting in the enchanting city of Brussels.
- Enjoy academic and cultural field trips around Belgium and the Netherlands.
- Immerse yourself in the history of microbiology, traditional microbial processes and the rich history of medieval and renaissance Benelux.
- Explore the de facto capital of European Union (EU) with an instructor who also studied abroad here.
- Microbiology Lab in the Kingdom of Smiles (Summer Abroad)
- Life Sciences in Japan (Summer Abroad)
- History of Cancer in Spain (Summer Abroad)
- Organic Chemistry in Nottingham (Summer Abroad)
- Global Health Internships (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Other Programs in Microbiology
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities