Life Sciences in Japan
Study biochemistry while living in Japan. We will stay in the Kansai region of Japan, which includes Kyoto (UNESCO World Heritage Site), Osaka (second biggest city after Tokyo) and Nara (ancient capital of Japan). We will visit aquariums, unique science museums, botanical gardens or fermentation facilities where we will observe how Japan presents science-related topics to the public. With ample free time to explore, personal excursions may include visiting Kyoto’s most famous and beautiful historic sites such as Fushimi Inari and Ryoanji, as well as iconic cities such as Tokyo or Hiroshima—just a bullet train ride away. Delve into manga, dine in foodie heaven, relax in an Onsen town, shop traditional goods and latest trends, even climb Mount Fuji: the options are almost unlimited!
- Take in the natural beauty and meet the kind people of Japan.
- Experience the wonders of Kyoto: historic sites and modern life.
- Personal travel possibilities to Nara, Osaka, Kobe, Nagoya, Mt Fuji, Tokyo, or elsewhere.
- Enjoy the food: ramen, yakitori, okonomiyaki, sushi, & many other delights.
What Students Are Saying
- “Everything was just amazing! Dr. Morand, his Onsite Coordinator (Amy) and all the people I met are all helpful and superb at what they do.”
- “Dr. Morand is an excellent instructor. He made it clear what we needed to know and actually cared about us. I can tell he wanted us to succeed not only in his class, but in the future.”
- “The instructor was effective during problem solving and office hours where we could ask him questions on the material. He is very approachable, kind, helpful and understanding.”
- Microbiology in Europe's Capital: Brussels (Summer Abroad)
- NPB 110A—Molecules to Individuals (Summer Abroad)
- Microbiology Laboratory in the Kingdom of Smiles (Summer Abroad)
- Summer Abroad Internships in Global Health
- Virtual Summer Internships – Multiple Career Areas
- Other Programs in Biological Sciences
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities