Organic Chemistry in Nottingham
Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Dates – June 29 – August 2, 2024
- Max Enrollment – 30
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – Yes
- Academic Area – Chemistry
Whether you are longing to gaze upon Nottingham Castle or wander Sherwood Forest, Nottingham is the perfect student city. Complete CHE 118A and CHE 198 this summer in historic Nottingham, England. Studying on the beautiful University of Nottingham’s campus, you will learn the basic principles of organic chemistry from a UC Davis professor of Chemistry. This course covers in-depth presentations on alkane and cycloalkane structure and reactivity, stereochemistry, organic structural analysis using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, and more. Situated in the English midlands, excursions include Cambridge, London, York and Sir Isaac Newton’s home.
- This course provides excursions around England, which include venues of scientific and cultural interest within the English midlands.
- Fantastic public transportation allows students to explore every corner of this bustling student city.
- Smaller class size abroad allows for more support from faculty when engaging this rigorous curriculum.
- Supportive group dynamics as you and your classmates explore organic chemistry and historic Nottingham.
- Microbiology in Europe’s Capital—Brussels (Summer Abroad)
- Life Sciences in Japan (Summer Abroad)
- Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle (Summer Abroad)
- History of Cancer (Summer Abroad)
- In Search of Scotland (Summer Abroad)
- Oxford on Film (Summer Abroad)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry in Taiwan (Quarter Abroad)
- Other Programs in Chemistry
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities