Organic Chemistry in Nottingham
On this Summer Abroad program, you can:
- Earn 8 quarter units in 5 weeks
- Enroll in UC Davis courses to fulfill degree, major, minor, or GE requirements as listed in the General Catalog
- Experience academic coursework enriched by both the program’s location(s) and activities
Note to Non-UC Davis Students:
- Students from other UC campuses should consult with their home campus to determine whether courses may be used to fulfill their specific academic requirements.
- Semester students who will apply for Summer Financial Aid can get an additional unit to meet unit minimums for financial aid eligibility. Please contact Summer Abroad for additional information.
This course is hosted within a standard classroom on the University of Nottingham’s campus. You may expect lectures accompanied by electronic resources via Canvas.
The above syllabi are representative of this program. The instructor provides a term-specific program syllabus to enrolled students. The program syllabus and schedule, including the daily itinerary and planned activities, are subject to change at the discretion of the instructor.
Courses (8 units)
You will enroll in the course set below. Expand the sections to view course descriptions. Auditing is not an option. UC Davis programs are academic programs so participants should expect a substantial amount of course work.
- Chemistry (CHE) 118A. Organic Chemistry For Health and Life Sciences (4 units)
- The 118A-C series is for students planning professional school studies in health and life sciences. Rigorous, in-depth presentation of basic principles with emphasis on stereochemistry and spectroscopy and preparations and reactions of nonaromatic hydrocarbons, haloalkanes, alcohols and ethers
- Chemistry (CHE) 198. Directed Group Study (4 units, Pass/No Pass only)
- This course includes participation on excursions and tours and attendance to guest lectures. Students are often asked to write reflective pieces. Assignment topics vary by program.
This program is open to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Prerequisite Equivalents for Students from Other UC's
- UC Berkeley: Chemistry 1A, 1B with a C or better OR Chemistry 4A, 4B with a C or better
UC Irvine: CHEM 1A, 1B, 1C, 1LC, and 1LD with a C or better
UCLA: Chemistry 14A, 14B, 14BL, 14C, and 14CL with a C or better OR Chemistry 20A, 20B, and 20L with a C or better
UC Merced: Chemistry 2 and Chemistry 10 with a C or better
UC Riverside: Chemistry 1A, 1LA, 1B, 1LB, 1C, and 1LC with a C or better
UC Santa Barbara: Chemistry 1A, 1AL, 1B, 1BL, 1C, and 1CL with a C or better OR Chemistry 1A, 2AC, 2B, 2BC, 2C, and 2CC with a C or better
UC Santa Cruz: Chemistry 1A, 1B, 1C, 1M and 1N with a C or better
UC San Diego: Chemistry 6A, 6B, 6C, and 7L with a C or better OR 6AH, 6BH, and 6CH with a C or better