Science of the Mind
Arrive Date: June 20, 2020 End Date: July 18, 2020
Study Cognitive Neuroscience through the internationally known Department of Psychology at the University of Bologna in Italy. The course is taught by faculty from the University of Bologna with oversight by UC Davis faculty. Founded in 1088, the University of Bologna is the oldest university in the Western world. While its history goes way back, students today at Unibo, as it’s locally known, are part of the university’s evolution into one of the top 1% of universities in the world. Bologna, located between Florence and Venice, has a vibrant student population and maintains a low tourist profile, yet rivals all other areas of Italy with its culture and cuisine.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 30
Program Coordinator: Angela McNutt
Psychology (PSC) 135. Cognitive Neuroscience: The Biological Foundations of the Mind (4 units)
Psychology (PSC) 198. Directed Group Study (4 units, Pass/No Pass grading only)
Prerequisite Note: Summer Abroad will be enforcing prerequisites for this program.
- Take PSC 135 in a small cohort overseas rather than the large lecture format on campus.
- Explore fundamental concepts in cognitive neuroscience with the assistance of the expert faculty at the University of Bologna.
- Discover Bologna, known as la Dotta, la Grassa, e la Rossa – each a nod to the university, renowned cuisine, and the red clay rooftops of the city.
- Personality Psychology in Berlin (Summer Abroad)
- NPB 110A—Molecules to Individuals (Summer Abroad)
- Rome—Art, Culture, History in the Eternal City (Summer Abroad)
- Psychology Internships in Ireland (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Psychology Internships in New Zealand (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Psychology Internships in London (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Other Programs in Psychology
- Other Summer Programs in Europe