Science of the Mind
- Dates – June 22–July 20, 2022
- Max Enrollment – 30
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – Yes
- Academic Area – Psychology
Study cognitive neuroscience through the internationally known Department of Psychology at the University of Bologna in Italy. The course is taught by faculty from the University of Bologna with oversight by UC Davis faculty. Founded in 1088, the University of Bologna is the oldest university in the Western world. While its history goes way back, students today at Unibo, as it’s locally known, are part of the university’s evolution into one of the top 1% of universities in the world. Bologna, located between Florence and Venice, has a vibrant student population and maintains a low tourist profile, yet rivals all other areas of Italy with its culture and cuisine.
- Program Coordinator – Sarah Wiens
- Instructors – Elisa Ciaramelli and Simona Ghetti
- Other Program Instructors: Vincenzo Romei and Caterina Bertini
- Take PSC 135 in a small cohort overseas rather than the large lecture format on campus.
- Explore fundamental concepts in cognitive neuroscience with the assistance of the expert faculty at the University of Bologna.
- Discover Bologna, known as la Dotta, la Grassa, e la Rossa – each a nod to the university, renowned cuisine, and the red clay rooftops of the city.