Come to the Global Learning Showcase to learn about your global opportunities at UC Davis!
Hosted by the Global Learning Hub and the Internship & Career Center, the Global Learning Showcase is intended to inform both undergraduate and graduate students about opportunities to study, work, intern, and research in areas all over the world—including virtually, on campus, and in the local community.
The session is a variety of info sessions and panels, each between 20 minutes and one hour, on a wide range of global topics and opportunities. You can join us for as many or as few of the sessions as you would like; each session is a stand-alone event. Zoom links will be sent to registered participants the week of the event.
- When: Monday, October 26 – Thursday, October 29, 2020. Times vary, but most sessions will be between 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Where: Virtual, Register
- Questions? Please contact the event manager, Dana Armstrong
At the Global Learning Showcase, students can:
- Hear from globally engaged students about their experiences.
- Learn from advisors about programs that will meet individual needs.
- Explore a variety of financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- Remotely attend various workshops, presentations, and panels.
- Learn why it’s important to be globally engaged.
Sessions will continue to be updated through the month of September.
Monday, October 26: Understanding Global Learning, Identity, Skills & Leadership
- What is Global Learning and Why is it Important?
- Student Perspectives on Global Learning
- Overview of Global Leadership Opportunities
- Global Learning and Your Identity: Sessions and Resources for students that identify as LGBTQIA+, Transfer and re-entry, Chicanx/Latinx, Undocumented, Asian and Asian American, and more
- Global and International Studies Minor
- Global Opportunities After Graduation: Graduate School abroad, teach English abroad, and more
Tuesday, October 27: Global Internships, Research, and Community Engagement
- Virtual Internships: Why Consider Them?
- UC Davis Virtual Internships Abroad
- UC Davis Summer Internships Abroad
- Undergraduate and Graduate Research Opportunities in Germany
- Reimagining Ethical Global Engagement in a Post-pandemic World
- Peace Corps
- Grants for Global Engagement: Blum Grants
- University of California Washington Program (UCDC)
Wednesday, October 28: Study Abroad
- Study Abroad 101
- Study Abroad in the Time of COVID
- Financial Aid for Study Abroad
- Putting the “Faculty” in Faculty-led Programs
- UCEAP 101
- UCEAP Physics Programs for UC Davis Students
- How to Study Abroad in My Major
- Gilman Award Scholarship Overview
- Aggie Favorites: Top Independent Programs for UC Davis Students
Thursday, October 29: UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) Open House
The UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) partners students in the UC system with universities around the world to offer 156 programs in coursework for UC credit, research, internships and more. This day will be hosted by the UC Systemwide office and showcase UCEAP’s portfolio for students of every major. This day will run from 9 am—5 pm and specific sessions will be made available in early October.
Most sessions will be recorded and made available after the event concludes.