Pediatric Care and Reproductive Health
- Dates – August 3–September 7, 2024
- Max Enrollment – 10
- Prerequisites – No
- Career Area – Global Health
The Global Health Summer Abroad Internship program provides students interested in health the opportunity to gain firsthand observational clinical rotation experience while being immersed in a local community.
The Pediatric Care and Reproductive Health program provides participants the opportunity to gain firsthand experience in maternal and pediatric health care, providing clinical rotations in the only public hospital in Ghana that is dedicated solely to pediatric care. Join local medical professionals in the historic Children’s Hospital in Accra and see firsthand the various factors that directly affect the health of Ghanaian children.
Participants in this program will grow to understand the social and economic conditions that have continued to impact the health of children, with malaria, anemia, and malnutrition the leading contributors to childhood morbidity in Ghana. Additionally, students have the opportunity to rotate through specialized clinics and visit nonprofit organizations focused on family planning, and sexual and reproductive health programming in the country.
Program provided by CFHI, an NGO recognized by the United Nations.
- Provides firsthand observational clinical rotation experience while being immersed in a local community.
- Opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts.
- Opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- Résumé line item and interview talking point.
- Opportunity to make cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries.
- History of Cancer (Summer Abroad)
- Other Global Health Internships (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Organic Chemistry in Nottingham (Summer Abroad)
- Latinx Health Internships in Oaxaca (Quarter Abroad)
- Social Impact and Public Health Internships (Virtual Summer Internships)
- Other Programs in Biological Sciences
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities