Community, Technology, and Sustainability in Nepal
- Dates – TBD
- Max Enrollment – 20
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – No
- Academic Area – Community and Regional Development
Pursue international, intercultural, community-engaged learning and action research in collaboration with Nepali students and young professionals. Experience an intensive immersion in Nepal’s exciting social, cultural, physical, technological and ecological change. UC Davis students will work in interdisciplinary groups with Nepalese peers on projects such as local and regional development, sustainable agriculture, water resources, food and nutrition, education, public health, democratic governance, youth participation, ICT use, and social entrepreneurship. Alongside visiting diverse cultural sites in the vibrant cities of Kathmandu and Pokhara and nearby villages, participants will, (1) gain an appreciation of the complex geographic, historical, cultural, religious, political, and environmental dimensions of Nepal, (2) develop interdisciplinary field research skills, (3) apply academic training to hands-on projects to benefit local communities, and (4) build skills, knowledge and relationships to pursue future international and intercultural collaborations.
- Get to know Nepalese peers.
- Experience Nepal’s cultural and environmental wealth.
- Learn about complex social and environmental challenges through interdisciplinary, collaborative projects.
- Develop resume-building international and intercultural collaboration skills.
- Make a positive difference in the world.
- Sustainable Cities of Northern Europe (Summer Abroad)
- Climate Resilience in Thailand (Summer Abroad)
- Housing and Community Development in Barcelona (Summer Abroad)
- Environmental Justice in Indigenous Ecuador (Summer Abroad)
- Virtual Summer Internships in Environment, Green Tech, and Sustainability
- Other Programs in Community and Regional Development
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities