Coursework taken on UCEAP is posted to your UC Davis transcript 90 days after the last day of your UCEAP program.
Pre-Approved UCEAP Programs
Most of the time, you will need to work with you major, minor, or Dean’s Office advisor to receive specific degree credit for courses taken on UCEAP programs. However, the UC Davis Global Learning Hub has worked with some departments on campus to pre-approve coursework on specific programs.
- Dublin Summer Chemistry – Approved by UC Davis Chemistry Department as CHE 008AB, CHE 118ABC, CHE 128ABC/129ABC
Course Articulation by Major
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biological Sciences
- Cell Biology
- Comparative Literature
- Evolution, Ecology and Biodiversity
- Gender, Sexuality & Women’s Studies: Africa
- Gender, Sexuality & Women’s Studies: Asia
- Gender, Sexuality & Women’s Studies: Australia
- Gender, Sexuality & Women’s Studies: Europe
- Gender, Sexuality & Women’s Studies: Latin America and the Caribbean
- Genetics and Genomics
- Marine and Costal Science
- Molecular and Medical Microbiology
- Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior
- Plant Biology
- Psychology and Cognitive Sciences
- Religious Studies
- Undeclared – Life Science
GE Petition Procedure for UCEAP Returnees
You will need to petition for GE credit through UC Davis Global Learning Hub. UC Davis Global Learning Hub will receive your petition and submit it to the UC Davis Academic Senate Committee on International Education (CIE) to review for UC Davis General Education credit for (UCEAP) courses.
Before submitting a petition:
- Review the UC Davis guidelines of GE requirements to assess whether or not the content of the courses abroad is likely to satisfy the content areas of the GE requirement. While your Dean's office advisor cannot pre-approve GE courses taken on UCEAP, they can help you learn more about what types of courses are more or less likely to satisfy these requirements. Restrictions placed on UC Davis courses apply to all courses taken abroad.
- Consult the list of UCEAP courses already reviewed and approved for GE credit. If your course appears on this list, you still need to work with your Dean's office advisor to let them know that this course has been approved for GE credit, and that you are requesting GE credit for the course in your degree check. Simply take a screenshot of this spreadsheet to your Dean's office and work with them. If your course is not on this list above and you need the GE credit, you will need to petition for approval via the Study Abroad GE Petition process below.
- For the Writing Experience GE Requirement - Essays must be written in English. You must also provide a copy of the written work with the professor's remarks on it or have the GE petition signed by the professor before leaving the country.
- GE petitions for Domestic Diversity MUST be courses focused on U.S. Domestic Diversity, not the country where you are studying, or elsewhere in the world. Even if U.S. is mentioned in the course description, it is unlikely that a UCEAP course taken abroad will satisfy this requirement.
- GE courses must be taken for a letter grade in order to count for your degree. To start the petition process, complete and submit the UC Davis Study Abroad GE Petition along with the following required documents:
- Print the one-page UCEAP course description for each course you plan to petition by visiting the UCEAP Course Catalog, and copy or print your syllabus for the class. Syllabus must be translated into English(if in a foreign language)
- Forms submitted the UC Davis Global Learning Hub without the UCEAP course description and syllabus will not be processed. If there is not UCEAP course description in the UCEAP catalog because no past UC students took that class, please write a statement including that reason and submit with your form.
- Graduating Seniors are urged to consider satisfying all outstanding GE requirements, as petitions can take time to be reviewed, and are not guaranteed to be returned in time to meet graduation degree requirements checks.
UCEAP GE Review Periods
Petitions submitted by the listed submit date will have decisions returned on the consequent return date. Please allow 3-4 business days after return date posted to receive notification that your petition has been uploaded to your Oasis account. The email notification will have information about how to access your returned form, and next steps.