UC Davis Study Abroad, Summer Internship Abroad USA, Immigrant and Refugee Health California Program, Header Image

Summer Internships in California - Travel

Immigrant and Refugee Health Internships in California

U.S. Department of State

U.S. Department of State DealThe U.S. Department of State advances the interests of the American people, their safety and economic prosperity, by leading America’s foreign policy through diplomacy, advocacy, and assistance. Visit the U.S. Department of State website for country-specific travel information.

Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements to the program site. Instructions for making flight arrangements will be sent to students via email after the program reaches minimum enrollment or within a week after the enrollment deadline. Instructions on how to get to the program accommodations will be available to enrolled students in their Program Specific Guide (PSG). The PSG will available by May through enrolled students’ Study Abroad Account and sent via email to the program listserv.

Acceptable forms of ID for all individuals flying within the United States can be found here.

Entry Requirements for U.S. Citizens

A valid ID is required for this program. A valid ID includes a driver’s license or other state photo identity card issued by Department of Motor Vehicles, US passport book or passport card (see link above).

Note that starting October 1, 2020, the US Department of Homeland Security will require a REAL-ID to board domestic flights (including Hawaii). This program will end prior to this date of enforcement, but UC Davis Study Abroad encourages students to secure this updated ID in case they plan to remain in Hawaii for any reason. California residents can learn more here.

Entry Requirements for Non-U.S. Citizens

A valid ID is required for this program (see link above). A valid ID includes a passport, driver’s license or other state photo identity card issued by Department of Motor Vehicles, or Permanent Resident card (green card). International students in the US on an F-1 or J-1 visa should also refer to the SISS travel advisory.

International students in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa require employment authorization prior to engaging in any paid or unpaid off-campus employment or internship experiences. Students should discuss this opportunity with an SISS advisor before applying if they are considering this program. 

International students unable to participate in the program may be subject to cancellation fees as shown in the cancellation schedule. For this reason, international students are highly encouraged to research their ability to participate well in advance, and before enrolling in the program if possible.