Virtual – Comparative Global Health (Worldwide)
This Virtual Comparative Global Health Internship allows you to “travel” to 5-10 countries in five weeks to engage in deep learning around healthcare systems in Africa, Asia, and the Americas. Through seminars and facilitated sessions, you will explore global and public health issues broadly, highlighting how health systems around the world deliver healthcare in a variety of diverse environments, exploring cultural interplays in urban and rural areas, and incorporating indigenous healing practices. You will learn how communities are addressing their most pressing health challenges, including chronic disease, maternal-child health, infectious disease, and reproductive health, all while gaining insights into the public health realities of the region.
This program uses live and self-guided trainings, workshops, and seminars to develop foundational skills for careers in Global Health, Public Health, and related fields. Your internship will be completing a project and presentation to support the ongoing work of one of CFHI’s partners.
Program provided by Child Family Health International (CFHI), an NGO recognized by the United Nations.
- Develop a diverse range of competencies for personal and professional growth.
- Enhance your skills using digital tools and accomplishing remote-based work.
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in global contexts.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.