Wildlife, Conservation, and Veterinary Medicine
Chiang Mai and Elephant Nature Park, Thailand
- Dates – June 18–July 23, 2022
- Max Enrollment – 24
- Prerequisites – No
- Career Area – Animal and Vet Science
This five-week program, in partnership with Loop Abroad, provides first-hand animal experience in a variety of settings while allowing you to gain in-depth knowledge working with Thai and Loop Abroad veterinarians in a cross-cultural context. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with a vet for two weeks at a zoo in Chiang Mai and for two weeks at a small animal clinic based within an elephant sanctuary outside the city. You will also spend one week studying and volunteering with elephants at the elephant sanctuary. This program includes both veterinary experience and animal experience hours). Take advantage of this amazing opportunity to explore Thai culture while learning hands-on veterinary, conservation, and animal science skills.
Apart from work for the internship, you will also engage in an online course facilitated by a UC Davis faculty. The online coursework provides an opportunity for meaningful reflection during the program. You will spend approximately 35-40 hours per week at your internship and another two hours per week for the online course.
Students will participate in a professional internship for 35-40 hours per week. Please see Placements tab for more internship details.
- Learn directly alongside experienced veterinarians.
- Observe and gain small animal clinical skills.
- Learn the basics of elephant husbandry, nutrition, and care.
- Work with local staff at locally-owned and operated conservation projects.
- Open to students from all majors; no language requirement.
- Wildlife, Conservation, and Veterinary Medicine Internships in Australia
- Other Wildlife, Conservation, and Veterinary Medicine Internships
- Other Programs in Wildlife, Fish, and Conservation Biology
- Other Programs in Animal Biology
- Other Programs in Animal Science
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities