Wildlife, Conservation, and Veterinary Medicine
Chiang Mai and Elephant Nature Park, Thailand
- Dates – June 23–July 20, 2024
- Max Enrollment – 30
- Prerequisites – No
- Career Area – Animal and Vet Science
Gain first-hand animal experience in a variety of settings while working with Thai and international veterinarians in a cross-cultural context. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with a vet for two weeks at a small animal (dog and cat) clinic, 1 week at an elephant sanctuary, and one week at a zoo. This program includes both veterinary experience and animal experience hours. Take advantage of this amazing opportunity to explore Thai culture while learning hands-on veterinary, conservation, and animal science skills.
Apart from work for the internship, you will also engage in an online course facilitated by a UC Davis faculty. The online coursework provides an opportunity for meaningful reflection during the program. You will spend approximately 35-40 hours per week at your internship and another two hours per week for the online course.
Program provided in partnership with Loop Abroad.
- Learn directly alongside experienced veterinarians.
- Observe and gain small animal clinical skills.
- Learn the basics of elephant husbandry, nutrition, and care.
- Work with local staff at locally-owned and operated conservation projects.
- Open to students from all majors; no language requirement.
- Animal and Zoological Management in Australia (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Other Animal and Vet Science Internships (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Sustainable Animal Production Down Under (Summer Abroad)
- Other Programs in Wildlife, Fish, and Conservation Biology
- Other Programs in Animal Biology
- Other Programs in Animal Science
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities