Environment, Green Tech, and Sustainability
- Excursions & Activities
- Get to Know Your Destination
- Study Abroad Advisory of Student Risk
- Student Experience
You will live in a furnished, shared apartment. There will be a shared kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms and living area. Number of participants in a shared space, internet access, kitchen facilities, and method of laundry vary by location.
You should be open to all types of accommodation as housing placements are based on many factors, such as availability, program length, cost, number of participants and proximity to the internship site.
UC Davis reserves the right to change the accommodation location. Should this be necessary, we will arrange alternative lodging. Please note that elevators, air conditioners and other modern conveniences may not be available in all locations.
A welcome meal and a farewell dinner are included in the program cost, as well as gratuity for those meals. All other meals are not included in the program cost and are the responsibility of the participant. You will be able to shop locally for groceries to prepare meals in your apartment, and can also eat at cafes and restaurants.
Upon arrival, you will participate in a multi-day, on-site orientation that aims to ease your transition to the environment—both inside and outside the workplace—to accelerate readiness to live and work in Spain.
In addition, you have the opportunity to participate in many self-led and organized cultural activities, as well as reflection workshops throughout the program, which are part of a career readiness course. Students completing the course have the opportunity to earn digital badging and micro-credentials for LinkedIn. Possible activities and workshops may include:
- Cultural activities and excursions, including entry fees and hotel accommodations for overnight excursions
- Walking tour + Horchata
- La Albufera lake + Paella Experience
- Albufera Natural Park is one of the most representative and valuable wetlands/nature preserves of Valencia and, more generally, of the Mediterranean coastal region. You will get to explore the Albufera Natural Park by going to El Palmar Island and riding a boat across the lagoon while gaining a better understanding of the park’s ecosystem and admiring the typical Albufera houses, or barracas.
- You will learn in the northern orchards how to cook traditional paella.
- IMAX movie + Oceanografic
- Museu Fallero + Churros con Chocolate
- Biker Tour Old Riverbed
- Our on-the-ground partner staff will welcome participants upon arrival, lead all excursions, facilitate the on-site orientation and serve as a cultural liaison for the group throughout the program.
- Guest speakers, networking events, and team-building activities
- Workshops that focus on professional development and reflection
- Advising session with personal career advisor
- Resume and cover letter advice
Valencia is Spain’s third largest city after Madrid and Barcelona. It is a city known for its arts and sciences with museums, a planetarium, and oceanarium. A port city located along Spain’s southeastern coast, you will find a variety of experiences in Valencia.
Participation in this UC Davis Study Abroad program requires travel to and extended living in a foreign location(s) abroad. UC Davis Study Abroad endeavors to reduce and mitigate risk wherever possible. However, the environments and risks associated with living in these locations are substantially different from those found during a regular course of study at UC Davis. All participants must download and review the following information prior to departure. Any questions should be directed to the Program Coordinator.
- Study Abroad General Risk Advisory
- Program Specific Risk Advisories (coming soon)
Global Learning Hub Student Blogs and Articles
Check out students blogs, global learning and student life across a variety of program experiences.