Psychology Internships in Ireland
Galway and Limerick, Ireland
Arrive Date: June 17, 2020 End Date: August 1, 2020
Intern in Galway or Limerick with placements focusing on community partnerships in two of Ireland’s most populous cities. As an intern, you will be taking on a service-learning placement, working in selected organizations alongside local experts who are addressing community issues with the available resources. Placements are in areas of community development, family and youth development, and educational support.
The Ireland program focuses on service-learning placements, which means that participants are connected to a service opportunity rooted in civic responsibility and community-based learning. Participants go through a guided reflection program and leave with a Service-Learning Portfolio. The program includes an extensive on-site orientation to help you learn about the community, your cohort, and your placement, as well as offers cultural activities and optional fee-based excursions.
Alongside the service-learning placement, you also engage in an online course facilitated by a UC Davis instructor. The online coursework provides an opportunity for meaningful reflection during the program. You will spend approximately 20 hours per week at your internship and another 8 hours per week for the online course.
Taught in: English (course taught remotely)
Total Max Enrollment: 8
Program Coordinator: Angela McNutt
Education Abroad (EAP) 192. Internship (4 units, Pass/No Pass grading only)
Psychology (PSC) 198. Directed Group Study (2 units, Pass/No Pass grading only)
This program is open to students who meet the eligibility requirements. This program is suited for students interested in exploring civic work related to social services. As this program does not have course prerequisites, it’s an option for students who do not meet the upper division course requirements necessary for the Psychology Internship programs in London and New Zealand.
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities in an international workplace
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts
- Tremendous opportunity to make cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point
- Personality Psychology in Berlin (Summer Abroad)
- Science of the Mind (Summer Abroad)
- Psychology Internships in New Zealand (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Psychology Internships in London (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Immigrant and Refugee Health Internship in California (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Other Programs in Psychology