Primary Care and Rural Medicine
- Dates – August 6–September 10, 2022
- Max Enrollment – 10
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – Yes
- Career Area – Global Health
The Global Health Summer Abroad Internship program provides students interested in health the opportunity to gain firsthand observational clinical rotation experience while being immersed in a local community.
This program focuses on doing more with less and addressing healthcare inequities, with rotations at community clinics and secondary/tertiary level hospitals. Following orientation in La Paz the first week, students will travel to Tarija for the remainder of the program, a tranquil city in southern Bolivia of about 200,000 people. This picturesque region is known as the “Bolivian Andalucia” for its vineyards and Spanish cultural influence. Students will take part in patient consultations, laboratory analysis, and prevention efforts in surrounding communities, while learning from local experts about the latest developments in Chagas research.
Program provided by Child Family Health International (CFHI), an NGO recognized by the United Nations.
- Provides firsthand observational clinical rotation experience while being immersed in a local community.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts.
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.
- Tremendous opportunity to make cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries.
- Spain—History of Cancer (Summer Abroad)
- Other Global Health Summer Abroad Internships
- Other Programs in Biological Sciences
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities