Healthcare Challenges Internships in South Africa
The Global Health Summer Abroad Internship program provides students interested in health the opportunity to gain firsthand clinical rotation experience while being immersed in a local community.
Cape Town, known as the “mother city” is one of South Africa’s most beautiful cities. It is multicultural and diverse and is the second most populous city in South Africa. This will be the stage for students to experience first-hand some of the daily challenges and current efforts to address health inequities among marginalized and underserved communities in both rural and urban settings. Students will spend two weeks working with a local non-profit organization in a rural area outside of Cape Town, learning about community-based health initiatives aimed at farming populations. For the remainder of the program, students will participate in clinical rotations at local hospitals in Cape Town, working alongside local healthcare teams and rotating through a variety of wards, such as emergency, outpatient, and surgery.
Program provided by CFHI, an NGO recognized by the United Nations.
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities in an international setting.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts.
- Exciting opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- Outstanding résumé line item and interview talking point.
- Tremendous opportunity to make cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries.