Environment, Green Tech, and Sustainability
Auckland or Wellington, New Zealand
- Dates – July 4–August 19, 2023
- Max Enrollment – 20
- Prerequisites – No
- Career Area – Environment, Green Technology, Sustainability
Gain international professional experience in the fields of sustainable business, environmental science, green technology, sustainable engineering, urban planning, research, or policy. Spend your summer interning in New Zealand, one of the most exotic and diverse environments in the world, whose history has been built on respect for the environment. You will be matched with a placement that complements your academic and professional goals and interests. Placement opportunities may include, but are not limited to, working within environmental engineering, sustainable business networks, environmental research, urban planning, and environmental public policy. The program includes an on-site orientation to help you learn about the community, your cohort, and your internship. It also offers professional development and cultural activities in a breathtaking location, with peaceful islands and rugged mountains. Enjoy the friendly hospitality of the locals and experience a new culture in one of the world's most unique countries.
Apart from work for the internship, you will also engage in an online course facilitated by a UC Davis faculty. The online coursework provides an opportunity for meaningful reflection during the program. You will spend approximately 32-40 hours per week at your internship and an additional two hours per week taking the online course.
- Gain relevant work experience and learn to communicate as part of an international team.
- Excellent opportunity to hone and apply concepts learned in classrooms in real-world, global contexts.
- Tremendous opportunity to make cultural, professional, and geographic discoveries.
- Exceptional intercultural communication opportunities in an international workplace.
- Outstanding resume line item and interview talking point.
- Environment, Green Tech, Sustainability in Spain (Summer Abroad Internships)
- Environmental Justice in Indigenous Ecuador (Summer Abroad)
- Sustainable Cities of Northern Europe (Summer Abroad)
- Water Management in a Mega-City (Summer Abroad)
- Climate Resilience in Thailand (Summer Abroad)
- Virtual Summer Internships in Environment, Green Tech, and Sustainability
- Other Programs in Environmental Science and Management
- Search all Global Learning Opportunities