Statistics for Biological Sciences
Arrive Date: June 21, 2020 End Date: July 18, 2020
Experience this unique opportunity to learn “Applied Statistics for Biological Sciences” (STA 100) in a small group setting and a charming location. Classroom learning will be supplemented by site visits demonstrating the application of statistics in food and agriculture industries such as dairy farming. Famous as a center of Irish history, culture, and cuisine, Cork is also a gateway to the larger region with its quaint seaside towns, fascinating ruins, and dramatic vistas. The city provides easy access by air to European capitals for independent travel. This four-week program is taught onsite by a UC Davis professor of Statistics.
Taught in: English
Max Enrollment: 30
Program Coordinator: Ashley Arvanites
Statistics (STA) 100. Applied Statistics for Biological Sciences (4 units)
Statistics (STA) 198. Directed Studies (4 units, P/NP)
- Take a popular UC Davis Statistics course with a UC Davis faculty member at the beautiful, historic University College Cork.
- Enjoy an intimate learning environment with enrollment limited to 30 students.
- Discover Ireland’s breathtaking southern coast while experiencing southern Irish culture.
- Explore the cultural center of Cork and the surrounding countryside.
- Bio Sci 2A on the Emerald Isle (Summer Abroad)
- Bio Sci 2B in Dublin (Summer Abroad)
- Bio Sci 2C in Edinburgh (Summer Abroad)
- NPB 110A—Molecules to Individuals (Summer Abroad)
- Life Sciences in Japan (Summer Abroad)
- Genetics—The Global Language of Biology (Summer Abroad)
- Other Programs in Biological Sciences
- Other Summer Programs in Europe