Education Internships in Hawaii
- Dates – TBD
- Max Enrollment – 20
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – No
- Career Area – Education
Spend the summer in the spirited Polynesian capital of Honolulu on the island of Oahu, working as an education intern while being introduced to the island’s unique way of life (‘ao‘ao). Exhibiting diverse cuisines, cultures, and traditions, Honolulu offers students the connectivity of a modern city along with easy access to outdoor adventures. Students may choose to serve as student aides in a K-12 classroom setting, actively participating in teaching, mentoring, homework assistance, lesson prep or as community outreach interns for local NGOs. Internship placements are customized according to each student’s experiences, career goals, interests, and skills. Outside your internship, you will have the opportunity to experience the majesty of Hawaii’s culture and scenery, with planned excursions to the Polynesian Cultural Center and a working organic farm.
- Program Coordinator – Aspen Felt
- Instructor – Yuuko Tonkovich
- Earn education units while interning as a teacher’s assistant or as a community outreach intern.
- Learn about Honolulu’s unique way of life on a personal orientation tour of the Polynesian capital.
- Explore the island on group excursions and optional weekend outings.
- Immerse yourself in the many diverse cultures of Hawaii’s largest city.
- Gain work experience and access to career and professional resources.