Music, Film and Culture in the Global City
Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Dates – TBD
- Max Enrollment – 30
- Taught In – English
- Prerequisites – No
- Academic Area – Spanish
In this program, we will study how Buenos Aires has been imagined and represented by contemporary writers, filmmakers, visual artists, musicians, and photographers. Moving freely in and out of the classroom setting, we will encounter firsthand the cosmopolitan city’s many cultural offerings: eclectic architecture, film and music festivals, theaters, cooking lessons, tango dancing, craft fairs, and global street art. Frequently referred to as “the Paris of Latin America,” Buenos Aires has become a mecca for students from all over the world who appreciate its unique blend of Latin American and European styles at very affordable prices. By keeping a travel diary or visual blog, students will become attuned to the city’s vibrant rhythms. The close study of urban culture in all its manifestations will allow for a deeper understanding of Argentina’s complex history and its relationship to other Latin American countries and the world.
- Learn to prepare typical specialties of the Argentine cuisine during a cooking class.
- Get lost in the San Telmo market, one of the largest street fairs in the world.
- Experience the Buenos Aires nightlife, the "city that never sleeps."
- Live in Chic Palermo Soho and enjoy the wonderful and affordable world-class cuisine.
What Students Are Saying
- "I loved this program. I had the best month of my life... the professors showed utmost interest in every student—very sad to leave."
- "Everything was fabulous. I would advise the students to stay longer and appreciate everything!"
- "Ana and Pablo were the reason why this trip was successful. They are amazing and they gave us a lot of insight on Argentina."